Tuesday, June 7, 2022

VAR what is it good for?

29 May 2022

I spent the morning writing while the boys did their own thing, off shopping at various markets. Harry splashed $280 on a beautiful looking pair of Doc Martens. 

The only outside activity planned for the day was watching the Championship play off at the pub. Despite the hateful VAR being in use, Huddersfield were denied two stonewall penalties by the nincompoop ref and Forest went up (which I had wanted at the start of the game, but not like this). 

As well as a few pints I managed to snaffle a scotch egg which, as I didn’t admit to the sceptical boys, was pretty mediocre.

Pauls snapped this shot, which seemed to capture something: 3 wiser and wearier men?



Anway. Bed time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving

30 May 2022 I awoke lateish (for me) and said farewell to Tom, who had to go to work in the city.  More writing.  Paula and Max seeing us of...